Kevin Michael Caves
Clinical Associate in the Department of Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences
Technology and Design for People with Disabilities
Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
Appointments and Affiliations
- Clinical Associate in the Department of Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences
- Clinical Associate in the Department of Medicine
- Office Location: 170 Baker House, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-3540
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Veterans Administration Medical Center, 1989
- M.E. Duke University, 2003
- B.S.M.E. University of Maryland, College Park, 1987
- BME 460L: Devices for People with Disabilities (DR)
- BME 490L: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering Design (DR)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 590L: Special Topics with Lab
- BME 790L: Advanced Topics with the Lab for Graduate Students in Biomedical Engineering
- EGR 101L: Engineering Design and Communication
- EGR 102L: Design to Deliver
- EGR 190: Special Topics in Engineering
- ISS 395T: Bass Connections Information, Society & Culture Research Team
- ISS 795T: Bass Connections Information, Society & Culture Research Team
In the News
- Duke research is helping ALS patients communicate (Oct 8, 2013 | UNC-TV’s “North Carolina Now")
- Kaufman, BG; Allen, KD; Coffman, CJ; Woolson, S; Caves, K; Hall, K; Hoenig, HM; Huffman, KM; Morey, MC; Hodges, NJ; Ramasunder, S; van Houtven, CH, Cost and Quality of Life Outcomes of the STepped Exercise Program for Patients With Knee OsteoArthritis Trial., Value Health, vol 25 no. 4 (2022), pp. 614-621 [10.1016/j.jval.2021.09.018] [abs].
- Pavel, M; Caves, K; Jarvis, L; Hasson, CJ; Kos, M; Jimison, H, Unobtrusive, Continuous LIDAR-Based Measurement of Gait Characteristics at Home., Annu Int Conf Ieee Eng Med Biol Soc, vol 2021 (2021), pp. 2339-2342 [10.1109/EMBC46164.2021.9629474] [abs].
- Asano, M; Tai, BC; Yeo, FY; Yen, SC; Tay, A; Ng, YS; De Silva, DA; Caves, K; Chew, E; Hoenig, H; Koh, GC, Home-based tele-rehabilitation presents comparable positive impact on self-reported functional outcomes as usual care: The Singapore Tele-technology Aided Rehabilitation in Stroke (STARS) randomised controlled trial., J Telemed Telecare, vol 27 no. 4 (2021), pp. 231-238 [10.1177/1357633X19868905] [abs].
- Allen, KD; Woolson, S; Hoenig, HM; Bongiorni, D; Byrd, J; Caves, K; Hall, KS; Heiderscheit, B; Hodges, NJ; Huffman, KM; Morey, MC; Ramasunder, S; Severson, H; Van Houtven, C; Abbate, LM; Coffman, CJ, Stepped Exercise Program for Patients With Knee Osteoarthritis : A Randomized Controlled Trial., Ann Intern Med, vol 174 no. 3 (2021), pp. 298-307 [10.7326/M20-4447] [abs].
- Jarvis, LM; Peterson, MJ; Caves, KM, Development, Validity, and Reliability of a Novel Walking Speed Measurement Device: the GaitBox., Gait & Posture, vol 84 (2021), pp. 52-57 [10.1016/j.gaitpost.2020.11.009] [abs].