Kevin Michael Caves
Clinical Associate in the Department of Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences
Technology and Design for People with Disabilities
Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
Appointments and Affiliations
- Clinical Associate in the Department of Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences
- Clinical Associate in the Department of Medicine
- Office Location: 170 Baker House, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-3540
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Veterans Administration Medical Center, 1989
- M.E. Duke University, 2003
- B.S.M.E. University of Maryland, College Park, 1987
- BME 460L: Devices for People with Disabilities (DR)
- BME 490L: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering Design (DR)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 590L: Special Topics with Lab
- BME 790L: Advanced Topics with the Lab for Graduate Students in Biomedical Engineering
- EGR 101L: Engineering Design and Communication
- EGR 190: Special Topics in Engineering
In the News
- Duke research is helping ALS patients communicate (Oct 8, 2013 | UNC-TV’s “North Carolina Now")
- Jarvis, LM; Peterson, MJ; Caves, KM, Development, Validity, and Reliability of a Novel Walking Speed Measurement Device: the GaitBox., Gait & Posture, vol 84 (2021), pp. 52-57 [10.1016/j.gaitpost.2020.11.009] [abs].
- Allen, KD; Woolson, S; Hoenig, HM; Bongiorni, D; Byrd, J; Caves, K; Hall, KS; Heiderscheit, B; Hodges, NJ; Huffman, KM; Morey, MC; Ramasunder, S; Severson, H; Van Houtven, C; Abbate, LM; Coffman, CJ, Stepped Exercise Program for Patients With Knee Osteoarthritis : A Randomized Controlled Trial., Ann Intern Med (2020) [10.7326/M20-4447] [abs].
- Jarvis, L; Moninger, S; Pavon, J; Throckmorton, C; Caves, K, Accelerometer-Based Machine Learning Categorization of Body Position in Adult Populations., Comput Help People Spec Needs, vol 12377 (2020), pp. 242-249 [10.1007/978-3-030-58805-2_29] [abs].
- Venkataraman, K; Amis, K; Landerman, LR; Caves, K; Koh, GC; Hoenig, H, Teleassessment of Gait and Gait Aids: Validity and Interrater Reliability., Phys Ther, vol 100 no. 4 (2020), pp. 708-717 [10.1093/ptj/pzaa005] [abs].
- Allen, KD; Bongiorni, D; Caves, K; Coffman, CJ; Floegel, TA; Greysen, HM; Hall, KS; Heiderscheit, B; Hoenig, HM; Huffman, KM; Morey, MC; Ramasunder, S; Severson, H; Smith, B; Van Houtven, C; Woolson, S, STepped exercise program for patients with knee OsteoArthritis (STEP-KOA): protocol for a randomized controlled trial., Bmc Musculoskeletal Disorders, vol 20 no. 1 (2019) [10.1186/s12891-019-2627-8] [abs].