Kevin Michael Caves
Clinical Associate in the Department of Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences
Technology and Design for People with Disabilities
Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
Appointments and Affiliations
- Clinical Associate in the Department of Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences
- Clinical Associate in the Department of Medicine
- Office Location: 170 Baker House, Durham, NC 27710
- Office Phone: (919) 684-3540
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Veterans Administration Medical Center, 1989
- M.E. Duke University, 2003
- B.S.M.E. University of Maryland, College Park, 1987
- BME 390S: Special Topics Seminar in BME
- BME 460L: Devices for People with Disabilities (DR)
- BME 490L: Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering Design (DR)
- BME 493: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 494: Projects in Biomedical Engineering (GE)
- BME 590L: Special Topics with Lab
- BME 790L: Advanced Topics with the Lab for Graduate Students in Biomedical Engineering
- EGR 101L: Engineering Design and Communication
- EGR 190: Special Topics in Engineering
In the News
- Duke research is helping ALS patients communicate (Oct 8, 2013 | UNC-TV’s “North Carolina Now")
- Jarvis, L; Moninger, S; Pavon, J; Throckmorton, C; Caves, K, Accelerometer-Based Machine Learning Categorization of Body Position in Adult Populations., Comput Help People Spec Needs, vol 12377 (2020), pp. 242-249 [10.1007/978-3-030-58805-2_29] [abs].
- Venkataraman, K; Amis, K; Landerman, LR; Caves, K; Koh, GC; Hoenig, H, Teleassessment of Gait and Gait Aids: Validity and Interrater Reliability., Phys Ther, vol 100 no. 4 (2020), pp. 708-717 [10.1093/ptj/pzaa005] [abs].
- Allen, KD; Bongiorni, D; Caves, K; Coffman, CJ; Floegel, TA; Greysen, HM; Hall, KS; Heiderscheit, B; Hoenig, HM; Huffman, KM; Morey, MC; Ramasunder, S; Severson, H; Smith, B; Van Houtven, C; Woolson, S, STepped exercise program for patients with knee OsteoArthritis (STEP-KOA): protocol for a randomized controlled trial., Bmc Musculoskeletal Disorders, vol 20 no. 1 (2019) [10.1186/s12891-019-2627-8] [abs].
- Asano, M; Tai, BC; Yeo, FYT; Yen, SC; Tay, A; Ng, YS; De Silva, DA; Caves, K; Chew, E; Hoenig, H; Koh, GC, Home-based tele-rehabilitation presents comparable positive impact on self-reported functional outcomes as usual care: The Singapore Tele-technology Aided Rehabilitation in Stroke randomised trial, Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare (2019) [10.1177/1357633X19868905] [abs].
- Li, M; Loomis, B; Caves, K, Work in progress: Project tadpole - A student-led engineering service club, Asee Annual Conference and Exposition, Conference Proceedings, vol 2018-June (2018) [abs].